Hospital bag

Getting ready for baby 

Hospital Bag Prep 


So I am starting to hit that nesting instinct phase of my pregnancy. 
Where everything has to be in its place, and everything has to be READY ! 

I still have 6 more weeks to go, but for some reason your hormones tell you
that everything needs to be done NOW!! 

So I started the crazy process of preparing early. 

This Getaway Bag is the PERFECT size www.stelladot.com/misstanyajean

I hate packing for vacation, and preparing for the hospital trip is not much different.

I know there are a ton of list stating the 100 things you need at the hospital ... 
but I am not going that crazy. 
I am trying to keep it simple. 

To start, I needed a bag. 
So of course 
I choose the new Stella & Dot summer print Getaway Bag.

I like this bag because it is large enough to carry everything I need, 
plus it has a great cross body strap to make it easy to lug around. 

What is even more desirable is the fact that there is a midline zipper on the bag that you can release and it makes the bag even bigger.

Because you know...
you usually have more stuff coming home from a trip 
then you did when you left. 


 NEXT : The Stella & Dot make up bag is perfect.
We call them 'poufs' at Stella & Dot. But this is a durable, perfect sized makeup bag for all your bath room/makeup essentials. 

Now since we have the essentials, here is my list :

1) Kimono - because it is WAY cuter and lighter then a robe. 
       this one is from H&M on sale for $12.95 (here) 

2) Lotion - I love Philosophy moisturizers, they have such light, pretty scents that are perfectly subtle for the baby and the hospital. 

3) Lip Balm - your lips get SO dry in the hospital, do not forget these. 
The size of the EOS is perfect to allow for your husband to be able to grab it and apply it for you mid-labor if  need be. 

4) Hair Ties- Hair ties and headbands are much needed. I made mine myself, I just took the elastic from the fabric store in a bunch of different colors and cut in my desired lengths and tie. You can even make a matching one as a headband for baby. 

5) Baby Guest Book - OK this is not necessary, but I love it. Leave it to my fellow Swed's to make this cool hospital guest book !  ($40 plus shipping)

6) Snacks - I'll say it again SNACKS !!!! Bring food, I am telling you, this is the HARDEST job you will ever do, and both you and your husband may be caught off guard to go the the hospital at a time so have some good non perishable snacks. Granola bars, dried fruit, nuts, maybe even some licorice for something a little sweet. Yes, they will tell you not to eat during labor... but after labor you will be STARVING.

7) Baby's first outfit - No need to bring much baby gear, the hospital will have most everything you need for your little arrival but you will need to bring an outfit for them to come home in. 

8) Phone charger - Get an extra phone charger to put in your bag...don't rely on your memory to grab it before you leave, you WILL forget it. You can get a cheap cord to just have in the bag for you but the last thing you want is your phone to die when you need to make the announcement of your little arrival !

9) Maxi Pads- Ok maybe things have changed in the last decade but when I had my last daughter they give you these uncomfortable diaper like pads afterwards that make you feel like you are wearing a depends diaper. Bring your own, make sure they are a nighttime style that is very absorbent, but have the kind YOU like. You will be happy you brought them.

10) Bottle of champagne.... ok this isn't for everyone, but I think that this is one of the most important milestones to celebrate. I mean how much more special can this day get ?! Reward yourself and your guests that were waiting patiently in the waiting room a glass of bubbly to help celebrate !

I would love to hear your ideas on what you think are the most important items to bring, so please comment and let me know. 
XO 
miss tanya jean





























Comments

Popular Posts